Under direction of the Director of R&D and Plastics New Business Development, primary function will be to contribute to the design and development of new products from the concept through commercialization phases. Candidate should be high energy, self-motivated, collaborative and creative. Must have good mechanical aptitude and problem solving skills.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Develop packaging concepts utilizing molded plastic and metal formed components.
2. Create 3D printed rapid prototypes for customer review.
3. Generate and revise drawings as well as project documentation.
4. Create and execute product testing plans.
5. Assist with creation of customer-facing documentation.
6. Contribute to new product concept brainstorming and suggest design improvements for existing products.
7. Participate on product launch teams for releasing new products into production.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1. Pursuing a Bachelor’s in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent design related degree.
2. Familiarity with CAD design software (SolidWorks a plus).
3. Good mechanical aptitude, problem solving capability and communication skills.
4. Good organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
5. Creative mindset with attention to ergonomics and manufacturability.
6. Experience with testing and reporting results is desired.