Must Be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder - Candidates must meet all requirements under ITAR
We are a growing manufacturing company in Sycamore looking for an energetic, career-minded individual who wants to take the next step in their career and thrives on working in a fast-pace environment.
We are looking for a Quality Engineer who will maintain process engineering and quality systems to meet or exceed customer and organizational quality requirements. If you have previous experience in Quality Engineering in a lean TS level automotive manufacturing environment, we would like to hear from you.
Achieves Driv-Lok customer service objectives by interfacing with customers, suppliers, and internal team members to continually improve the quality of products and satisfaction to our customers and to ensure continuous production of products consistent with established standards/specifications by performing the following duties
POSITION EXPECTATIONS AND JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES:
• To be direct interface with major OEM customers and suppliers.
• Facilitates effective root cause analysis on customer complaints and on internal manufacturing issues.
• Responsible for accurate and timely PPAP submissions to meet customer requirements.
• Participates in new product reviews and launches.
• Participate in the development of Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA). Maintain Control Plans and FMEA's throughout the life of the part
• Identify, analyze, and develops continuous quality improvement in design and manufacturing process efficiency, safety, quality, and cost.
• Demonstrate an in-depth working knowledge of metallurgy, machine shop practices, plating practices.
• CAPA problem solving tools; 8D, 5W's
• APQP core tools, Gage R&R
• Metrology and measurement tools and techniques, including G D & T, SPC and data analysis.
Bachelor's degree (B.S.) from four-year college or university with a major field of study in mechanical engineering, industrial engineering or technology engineering; or five years of related experience and/or training & tech; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Preference will be given to individuals holding a B.S. in engineering and those with experience in quality control functions.
Preference will be given to individuals with;
• ASQC certifications for meeting Automotive Quality Systems requirements
• 1 - 3 years' experience in a certified quality management system (e.g. TS 16949, ISO).
• TS16949 Quality Engineering experience
• Prior work Quality Engineering experience in an organization that supplied large OEM or Tier-1companies
• Proficient with PPAP, APQP, FEMA, Control Plans, Acceptance Criteria, Statistical Process Control
• Must have a strong Quality Systems aptitude
• Experience with Lean Manufacturing Principles and Techniques Customer quality assurance experience.
• Steel Manufacturing / Fasteners
• Strong MS Office: Word, Excel and Outlook
Great opportunity for someone who wants to be involved in making a difference!