Work as a process engineer for a medium sized technical flat glass fabricator. Positions is hands on engineering with focus on equipment and manufacturing optimization. Position to include:
• Working with outside vendors to source machinery(custom or standard). Bring in machines, install, test, and ramp up production.
• Design widgets, machine upgrade parts, and potentially small to medium size automated process equipment. (Pneumatics, electrical, servos, PLCs etc)
• Develop tooling standards and fixture standards for machinery.
• Writing code to program CNC machines.
• Writing machine control code for custom built machines.
• Optimize set-up times, production rates and material yields through new machines, machinery upgrades, programming upgrades, and/or putting production control systems in place
• Document process steps for production, machinery operation guides, maintenance manuals
• Work with and train production staff on process steps or machinery operation
• Troubleshoot and fix machinery as needed
• Work with technical sales staff to provide realistic obtainable rates for current and new processes
• Test, prove and standardize new processes for manufacturing
Applicable degrees are usually Mechanical Engineering or Manufacturing Technology. Internship, entry level or mid level positions available. Some manufacturing experience is preferred.