Posted Nov 20
This employer requests that only candidates within 100 miles of Machesney Park, IL apply to this job.
You appear to be located near Ashburn, VA, more than 100 miles from Machesney Park, IL.
Please be aware of this if you choose to apply for this job.
Illinois Tool Works Inc is a diversified manufacturing company that delivers specialized expertise, innovative thinking and value-added products to meet critical customer needs in a variety of industries. ITW, with approximately 18 billion dollars in global revenues, operates 8 major segments with businesses in 56 countries that employ approximately 51,000 women and men. These talented individuals, many of whom have specialized engineering or scientific expertise, contribute to our global leadership in innovation. We are proud of our broad portfolio of more than 10,000 active patents.
Shakeproof Automotive Products (SAP) serves all the major OEMs and their tier suppliers with metal/cold headed fasteners totaling approximately $175M in revenues. Units include: Bedford, OH, Elk Grove, Elgin, Machesney Park, IL, and Darlington, WI. The metals division drives profitability by leveraging its innovative solutions and application engineering. In addition to ITW’s industry leading research and development capabilities, Shakeproof Automotive Products (SAP) enhance our customers’ competitive advantage by…
• Maintaining advanced engineering and manufacturing facilities in NA.
• Exchanging product, process and benchmarking information with sister units worldwide.
• Continually improving processes, material and designs to ensure every product exceeds customer specifications while providing unparalleled value.
This critical role will be based out of our model facility in Machesney Park, IL, 10 miles north of Rockford. As the Manufacturing/Project Engineer you will be a critical member of our Plant Core Team, which includes the Plant Manager, Production Control, Manufacturing, Finance, Human Resources and Quality. You will be the owner of our Product and Process Development (i.e. APQP process in automotive industry) and lead new product launches within our plants. Our Manufacturing/Project Engineers impact our P&L directly through on-time and quality launches and by leading continuous improvement projects within the plant that drives our key performance indicators. This will require frequent and effective communication with Sales, Manufacturing, Quality, Finance, Customer Service and our customers.
• You will interface cross functionally with Production, Maintenance, Quality and Finance to identify, monitor and continuously improve key performance drivers that are in sync with plant safety, quality, service and operational objectives.
• You will support and promote continuous improvement using lean techniques to reduce waste and improve manufacturing performance and process flow.
Improve manufacturing efficiency and solve production and quality issues
• You will work side by side with production to trouble-shoot manufacturing concerns and support quality in addressing and driving root cause analysis of customer concerns.
• You will be responsible for evaluating the customer’s dimensional, mechanical, material, finish, heat treat and performance requirements and develops into a proper set of manufacturing and quality paperwork including product prints, tool prints, bill of materials, routing, inspection test requirements, finish requirements, and special gage design.
New Product Quotation, Feasibility & Launch
• You will facilitate activities associated with New Product Launches (i.e. APQP in automotive) from quoting through the successful completion of quality records (such as PPAP) and launch.
• You will collaborate with manufacturing to develop prints to establish controls and operational limits for operators, by creating 2D and/or 3D models.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Mechanical preferred
• Continuous improvement experience in a high-volume manufacturing industry
• Requires experience at handling multiple work assignments concurrently while maintaining the highest levels of accuracy
• Working knowledge of APQP or equivalent gated product development processes.
• Strong experience with 2D and 3D CAD software (i.e. SolidWorks and AutoCAD)
• Self-starter and problem solver with the ability to exercise discretion, independent judgment and flexibility.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the willingness to communicate and work with other departments and disciplines.
Take this opportunity to join a successful and enthusiastic global team where you can make a significant impact immediately. You will enjoy a competitive salary and a generous benefits package that includes health, dental, life, LTD insurance, 401k (with company match) and employee assistance, wellness and 100% tuition reimbursement programs. ITW is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.