HARDWARE TECHNICIAN INTERN
Posted Aug 03
The Design Services Development Team is in need of a Hardware Technician Intern. The intern will be within a design environment that includes numerous very experienced engineers. The team designs solutions used in Medical, Aerospace and Defense Systems, and Industrial Applications. NEOTech also manufactures very high volumes of such solutions. The intern would be assigned to a specific mentor, though interface with all engineers (25 person team in Naperville). Certainly, prior knowledge of the topics is nice yet as an Intern we are looking for students wanting the hands on experience in applications that will become market products.
General Job Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Familiar with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
• Introductory ability to discuss electrical, software, and mechanical technical topics.
• Good verbal communication within Design team technical group
• High level of attention to detail.
• Have an interest in growing Electrical or Software skills within a very experienced Design team.
• Willing to work on site in Naperville minimum of two days per week, minimum of 12 hours per week, and no more than 25 hours per week. Compensation is at an hourly rate.
• We would prefer students who have minimally completed two years of an Engineering Degree in EE or CS.
• Some of our customers are Government solutions therefore US citizenship is a preference.
Hardware Technician Intern, potential learning experiences:
• Grow knowledge of passive components, oscilloscope, logic analyzer, and meter operation.
• Ability to read schematics and observe the board layout as well as an interest in learning to capture designs and support layout staff. Preferred tools are Altium and Cadence/Allegro.
• Ability to solder parts onto boards as well as rework existing designs.
• Ability to connect power/ground and control structures for testing.
• An interest in how designs are manufactured.
• An interest to be involved in customer technical exchanges via on site visits, WebEx, or conference calls.
• Observe how to manage deliverables and keep customer status tracking with lead Project Manager.
• Learn how to simulate a circuit. This may be in an Analog, Digital, or FPGA environment.
• At times, research opportunities defined by the team leaders that are potential leading edge technical solutions.
• At times, be a resource for Engineering Services providing budgetary pricing information on components as well as full design solutions.