Field Engineer Intern Job Description
Build your career and experience advantages of working for the "World's Most Admired Company" (Fortune Magazine) offering opportunities for growth and career advancement!
In this role, the Field Engineer Apprentice will observe and perform various equipment service processes and procedures to drive customer satisfaction and ensure proper functionality of less complex customer diagnostic imaging equipment.
Supervised responsibilities may include:
• Work within hospital radiology environment to evaluate and troubleshoot imaging equipment issues and implement appropriate repairs.
• Complete Preventative Maintenance on designated equipment.
• Perform safety and environmental inspections ensuring compliance to Health and Human Services and Environmental Health and Safety guidelines.
• Complete necessary service and repair documentation following hospital protocol and GE policies & procedures.
• Maintain daily communications with customers to ensure resolution and proper follow-up, leading to customer satisfaction.
• Learn and ensure proper care of tools and test equipment and ensure calibration. Enhance and maintain technical knowledge of current standards, codes and procedures regarding safe and effective use of medical equipment.
• Mentor with and assist more experienced technicians on progressive repairs and resolution, and will work as a member of the local team to provide efficient service delivery to all accounts within his/her assigned area
• Current student or recent graduate of no more than 12 months from an A.S., B.S. or M.S. Electronics, Biomedical Engineering, Medical Imaging Technology or Mechanical Principles degree program or equivalent DOD military education.
• Must maintain a cumulative GPA of a 3.0 or higher based on a 4.0 scale
• Previous experience and/or course work in which you have successfully interpreted schematic diagrams and performed troubleshooting and planned maintenance on basic diagnostic imaging or electronic equipment following current standards, code, and procedures to ensure safe and effective operation of those devices.
• Must be able to develop and maintain good customer relationships.
• Must have reliable transportation and a valid driver's license.
• Must be willing to take a drug test as part of the selection process.
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation, including for example, verification of your past employment, criminal history, and educational background.
• Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.
• Previous experience interpreting schematic diagrams and perform effective repair and planned maintenance on basic biomedical or electronic equipment.
• Analytical and communication skills with the ability to communicate technical issues to the customer in an easy to understand manner.
• Ability to develop and maintain good customer relations.
• Experience interfacing with both apprenticeal team members and external customers as part of a solution based service process.
• Experience diagnosing and repairing mechanical, electromechanical, and/or electronic equipment in the electronic field - resulting in knowledge of electronic digital circuitry and understanding of electronic and electro-mechanical devices.
• Change agent and process oriented.
• Local candidates strongly preferred.
What do you envision for your future? At GE Healthcare, we strive to see life more clearly. Our "healthymagination" vision for the future invites the world to join us on our journey as we continuously develop innovations focused on reducing healthcare costs, increasing access and improving quality and efficiency around the world.
We are a $17 billion unit of General Electric Company (NYSE: GE), employing more than 46,000 people worldwide and serving healthcare professionals in more than 100 countries. We believe in our strategy - and we'd like you to be a part of it. As a global leader, GE can bring together the best in science, technology, business and people to help solve one of the world's toughest challenges and shape a new age of healthcare.
Something remarkable happens when you bring together people who are committed to making a difference - they do!
For more information about GE Healthcare join our LinkedIn Group: GE Healthcare Global Community, http://linkd.in/p3Dqyk