The Design Services Development Team is in need of an Embedded Firmware Intern. The intern will be within a design environment that includes numerous very experienced engineers. The team designs solutions used in Medical, Aerospace and Defense Systems, and Industrial Applications. NEOTech also manufactures very high volumes of such solutions. The intern would be assigned to a specific mentor, though interface with all engineers (25 person team in Naperville). Certainly, prior knowledge of the topics is nice yet as an Intern we are looking for students wanting the hands on experience in applications that will become market products.
General Job Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Familiar with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
• Introductory ability to discuss electrical, software, and mechanical technical topics.
• Good verbal communication within Design team technical group.
• High level of attention to detail.
• Have an interest in growing Electrical or Software skills within a very experienced Design team.
• Willing to work on site in Naperville minimum of two days per week, minimum of 12 hours per week, and no more than 25 hours per week. Compensation is at an hourly rate.
• We would prefer students who have minimally completed two years of an Engineering Degree in EE or CS.
• Some of our customers are Government solutions therefore US citizenship is a preference.
Embedded Firmware Intern, potential learning experiences:
• Basic knowledge of oscilloscope, logic analyzer, and meter operation.
• Ability to read schematics and observe the board layout. Tools used are Altium and Cadence/Allegro.
• Firmware development environments that will get touched on:
o Processor Platforms such as Rasperry Pi, Beaglebone Black, Arduino, etc.
o Boot Loaders such as UBOOT, etc.
o Integrated Development Environments such as Code Composer Studio, Atmel Studio, etc.
o Programming in C or C++, Python, etc.
o Some knowledge in FGPA programming in VHDL or Verilog.
o Touch on Operating Systems such as Free RTOS, Linux, etc.
• An interest to be involved in customer technical exchanges via on site visits, WebEx, or conference calls.
• Observe how to manage deliverables and keep customer status tracking with lead Project Manager.
• At times, research opportunities defined by team leaders that are potential leading edge technical solutions.
• At times, be a resource for Engineering Services by providing budgetary pricing information on components as well as full design solutions.