Ultrasonic Power Corporation is an industry leader in the design, development, and manufacture of precision cleaning and liquid processing equipment. We are committed to providing solutions to meet the needs of our customers, leveraging the latest in technology, in products and processes. We are known for developing advanced technologies, building the highest quality equipment, and providing unsurpassed technical support no matter where in the world. We are a genuine “Made in the USA” manufacturer dedicated to helping our customers succeed. We provide fit for purpose technical assistance, parts and preventative maintenance, training, and other support solutions as a value-add supplier to our customers
Position: Electrical Engineer Intern (R&D)
Position Type: Full Time 8AM-5PM M-F
Location: 239 E Stephenson Street Freeport, IL 61032
Job Category: Engineering
Compensation: Paid Internship
When Available: Summer 2018
- Working closely with members of the Engineering and Technical Services team, participate in the development of electrical engineering designs for electronic and ultrasonic products that have stringent requirements for precision, reliability and cost.
- Produce, troubleshoot and analyze electronic and electromechanical prototypes. Design and fabricate test fixtures for use in product development and production.
- Select, evaluate, and procure electronic components for use in new products. Develop cost estimates for product concepts.
- Negotiate as needed to improve cost of material, labor, and any other factors influencing product cost.
- Produce 2D drawings, schematics, and other documentation to fully define components and designs.
- Research & analyze product design requirements and feature sets. Interact with production personnel, vendors, and others to optimize design concepts.
- Perform research on various topics as needed to help make strategic product design decisions.
- Assure product quality by designing testing methods, and by performing tests on prototypes, first articles, or production units. Develop test plans to be used in production of new products. Interact with production personnel to ensure that products being produced are being properly assembled and tested to ensure quality of finished goods.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Currently enrolled in Electrical Engineering program pursuing a degree in Electrical Engineering/Electrical Engineering Technology
- Cumulative GPA 3.0 or higher
- Completed at least four semesters in Electrical Engineering program
- Good electronic troubleshooting and analysis skills; Ability to read, follow, and produce electronic schematics.
- Electronic fabrication skills (soldering, use of relevant hand-tools, etc.).
- Working knowledge and experience with basic electronic test equipment (oscilloscopes, function generators, power supplies a plus).
- Hands-on experience with electronic and electrical systems
- Experience in Autodesk Inventor (or similar) and Autodesk Eagle (or similar); Proficiency in MSWord, Excel, Outlook
- Good interpersonal, and communication skills
- Must be detail oriented with good organizational skills
- Must be team player and self-motivated; Maintains regular and consistent job attendance, comes to work on time
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States
- One letter of recommendation from current professor/instructor
- Current copy of grade transcript
- If available, include sample of work as it relates to the internship for which you are applying
- Submit resume
- Include a brief paragraph/statement on why you are interested in the internship & what you hope to gain from the experience
- All internship positions are contingent upon successfully passing a drug screen and upon completion of a confidentiality agreement