Electrical Engineer I
Posted Feb 14
Function: ENG & TECH - R&D/PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT ENGINEERING
Location: North Aurora, IL 60542
Telehealth Sensors Product Development Engineering Teams generate original ideas for new products and product improvements. They are responsible for product development, testing on new and modified designs; direct and support detailed design, testing, prototype fabrication and manufacturing. The R&D/Product Development Engineering Teams provide all required product documentation including, 2D/3D production drawings, product specifications, and testing requirements. They create and modify detailed drawings and drafting or conceptual models from layouts, rough sketches or notes and contribute to design modifications to facilitate manufacturing operation or quality of product. Typical fields of expertise include: mechanics and systems, electrical, software, automation systems, packaging, testing and measurement, and manufacturing of electrical, mechanical and electronic components, products, and their integration into systems.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
Product development engineer is responsible for new product development and reliability test analysis related to the development of wireless sensor products. Must be capable of working independently and in a team environment and effectively communicate with Engineering, Production and other departments.
● Circuit and PCB design
● Create new test software for the programming and testing of sensors.
● Develop embedded code for wireless sensors
● Write and present technical information
● Analyze failures of electrical systems by troubleshooting to the component level.
● Interface with suppliers on electrical components and subassemblies to meet price, performance and time constraints.
● Modify existing designs to improve quality, manufacturability or to reduce cost.
Required Knowledge & Skills:
● Understand and have knowledge of Analog and Digital circuit design.
● Program in assembly and C programming languages for embedded Controllers.
● Software programming ability in Python or similar language
● Route and layout circuit boards
● Manage and coordinate multiple projects that run simultaneously.
● Use and extensive knowledge of electronic laboratory equipment.
● Effectively communicate with engineering, production and other departments.
● Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications (i.e. MS Excel, Office, PowerPoint)
● Knowledge of Bluetooth Low Energy (4.0 and 5.0) is a plus.
● Experience with low power microcontrollers such as MSP430, PIC, Atmel AVR or similar
Education & Experience:
● Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or Computer Software
● Values: Integrity, Accountability, Teamwork, Innovation