Maybe sitting behind a desk doing the same thing over and over again is what you are looking for. That's great, but that's not what's on offer here. Every day here will be different. From R+D projects to training shop floor personnel, you won't be bored. And speaking your mind is encouraged. We want someone who knows what to do and is willing to stand up for it.
Sounds good so far? Cool. Read on.
We're looking for a smart and nimble electrical engineer who isn't afraid to get his or her hands dirty from time to time. We're a mid-sized entrepreneurial manufacturing company focusing on pumps and parts washer systems for global industrial applications. We are an established family-owned manufacturer located between Berwyn and Oakbrook (near Western suburbs of Chicago).
Job Summary: This position is responsible for supporting existing and new product design from initial concept to production release within established project schedules, budgets and cost targets. You will work with Sales, Marketing, Purchasing and Production to initiate and oversee continuous enhancement projects of existing products to increase reliability, improve operating performance and reduce cost of material labor. R+D projects usually involve working directly with the President.
The ideal candidate is a hands-on engineer, with a high degree of electrical aptitude and experience in electrical application, who is a creative, self-motivated problem solver and troubleshooter, familiar with electrical controls.
Essential functions: Duties include, but are not limited to:
* Effectively apply engineering principles and perform engineering calculations
* Generate cost effective designs based on defined project parameters
* Maintain and organize complete documentation of projects
* Generate drawings and Bills of Materials for release to the production system
* Use project management tools to manage project timelines
* Provide technical assistance to the production floor and customers
* Work with various departments and vendors to improve product quality, delivery and to continuously reduce cost.
Experience and Skills:
* BS degree in Electrical Engineering.
* Minimum 1-3 years experience in the design and troubleshooting of electronic circuit technology assembly processes. Must have exposure to electrical engineering design principles and methodologies
* Ability to read, design and troubleshoot electrical schematic diagrams/blueprints
* Proficiency in Solidworks
* Familiarity with NEC, OSHA, CE/ATEX standards
* Excellent project planning and project management skills with a proven ability to consistently meet project milestone target dates.
* Ability to use computer software - MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook
* Ability to lead and communicate with key department members, including superior, peers and subordinate levels of employees
Travel: No overnight travel is anticipated for this position. Some occasional local day travel may be necessary.
EOE/M/F/D/V - Employees of Graymills Corporation are our most important asset. Our continued success and development depends on the full and effective use of all our skills and talents to their fullest extent. The Company has an obligation to hire and develop the best people we can find based on job-related qualifications and irrespective of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, disability or veteran status.
* No relocation assistance available.
* No phone calls