Biomedical Engineer Intern Job Description
Build your career and experience advantages of working for the "World's Most Admired Company" (Fortune Magazine) offering opportunities for growth and career advancement!
In this role, the Biomedical Technician Apprentice will respond to service calls to evaluate, diagnose, perform repair and planned maintenance (PM) on basic biomedical equipment and drive customer satisfaction through Service Excellence. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtGOAwf2KqA
• Under supervision, evaluate basic customer biomedical equipment issues, implement appropriate repairs; as assigned, perform planned maintenance (PM), safety, environmental inspections and maintain effective customer relations. Follow appropriate GE policies, procedures, hospital protocol and complete necessary documentation, as guided.
• Maintain daily communications with customers as directed, to ensure resolution and proper follow-up, leading to customer satisfaction. As instructed, implement GE/customer facility contract, supporting business goals and objectives.
• May assist more experienced technicians on progressive repairs and resolution. Work as a member of local team to provide efficient service delivery to all accounts within assigned area.
• Document all repair actions and submit reports/summaries according to schedule. Maintain approved parts inventory. Manage vendor's service delivery processes in compliance with GE policies, as instructed.
• Ensure proper care of spares, tools and test equipment and ensure calibration. Enhance and maintain technical knowledge of current standards, codes and procedures regarding safe and effective use of medical equipment formal instruction.
• Meet Health and Human Services, as well as Environment Health and Safety requirements
• Current student or recent graduate of no more than 6 months from an A.S., B.S. or M.S. Electronics, Biomedical Engineering, Medical Imaging Technology or Mechanical Principles degree program or equivalent DOD military education.
• Must maintain a cumulative GPA of a 3.0 or higher based on a 4.0 scale
• Previous exposure to troubleshooting equipment and planned maintenance on basic biomedical or electronic equipment following current standards, code and procedures to ensure safe and effective operation of those devices.
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation, including verification of past employment, criminal history and education.
• Willing to take a drug test.
• Authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.
• Previous experience interpreting schematic diagrams and perform effective repair and planned maintenance on basic biomedical or electronic equipment.
• Ability to develop and maintain good customer relations.
• Analytical and communication skills with the ability to communicate technical issues to the customer in an easy to understand manner.
• Experience interfacing with both apprenticeal team members and external customers as part of a solution based service process.
• Experience diagnosing and repairing mechanical, electromechanical, and/or electronic equipment in the electronic field - resulting in knowledge of electronic digital circuitry and understanding of electronic and electro-mechanical devices.
• Change agent and process oriented.
• Local candidates strongly preferred.
What do you envision for your future? At GE Healthcare, we strive to see life more clearly. Our "healthymagination" vision for the future invites the world to join us on our journey as we continuously develop innovations focused on reducing healthcare costs, increasing access and improving quality and efficiency around the world.
We are a $17 billion unit of General Electric Company (NYSE: GE), employing more than 46,000 people worldwide and serving healthcare professionals in more than 100 countries. We believe in our strategy - and we'd like you to be a part of it. As a global leader, GE can bring together the best in science, technology, business and people to help solve one of the world's toughest challenges and shape a new age of healthcare.
Something remarkable happens when you bring together people who are committed to making a difference - they do!
For more information about GE Healthcare join our LinkedIn Group: GE Healthcare Global Community, http://linkd.in/p3Dqyk