This position is responsible to generate engineered solution quotations (E2&3). The Application Engineer accomplishes this by utilizing appropriate calculations and CAD layouts, using technical, organizational, customer knowledge while applying a consultative approach to influence the decision making process and assist them in applying the customer’s application towards an Engineered solutions and or service adequate to the customer's needs. Estimates and records the cost and delivery date of custom top tooling and provide this information the end user and to sales. Determines the solution and the risk management of custom tooling and limits the exposure of the company to unsafe, unreliable or unprofitable engineered solutions.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Works directly with inside sales, territory managers, Machine Tool/Automation entities and customers in the discovery of pertinent information resulting in solutions to customer applications and problems, thus providing immediate thorough results to the customer.
2. Analyzes product or equipment specifications and performance application requirements to determine appropriate designs, which can be produced by existing or external manufacturing or processing facilities and methods.
3. Prepares proposals, CAD Concepts and quotations along with supporting documentation.
4. Manage engineering CAD files & data in organized and comprehensible format
5. Design concept drawings & perform analysis and calculations as required to fulfill a job request.
6. Represents company as the expert in company product line and capabilities; develops and delivers sales marketing proposals and presentations to customers.
7. Increases exposure to new business opportunities by keeping abreast of new machine releases, changes and discontinuation of existing machines within the OEM's product line.
8. Keeps informed of new products, technologies, services and other general information of interest to company growth and customer growth.
9. Work with customers to evaluate and identify improvement/opportunities and provide immediate feedback as required.
10. Receives, understands and follows all written and oral instruction.
11. Communicate all problems and other work-related issues to supervisor
12. Complete all paperwork associated with position in a timely manner
13. Comply with all company policies and procedures in including safety and attendance requirements.
14. Participate in activities to increase personal skill level, education, industry knowledge and to improve overall departmental processes and product quality
15. Resolve day-to-day issues by working effectively with others.
16. Maintain "meet" or "exceed rating" on all performance evaluations.
17. Other duties required to meet company needs as assigned by supervisor